We rigged the complete IT services on Island Innovator
As part of an extensive exploration program on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, Lundin Norway AS, in 2012/2013 acquired the semisubmersible heavy well intervention rig Island Innovator on a two-year contract with Marine Accurate Well ASA. This was a new build vessel delivered from Cosco Shipyard Group in Nantong, China.
This vessel needed to be fitted and prepared for Lundin’s operations both, in the Norwegian Sea, North Sea and the Barents Sea. In these kinds of operations, and due to national expectations and requirements, several technical issues where identified early in the project.
- The need for video conference and meeting area/rooms
- An offshore operations and collaborations room
- Technical medical collaboration equipment and services
- Manage the operators network and infrastructure
- Interfacing between different companies on board the vessel
- Infrastructure and communication from vessel to onshore locations
Our proposal, Lundin’s solution.
Option did several studies and surveys on the vessels after its arrival at CCB Hanøytangen outside Bergen in early 2013. We provided Lundin with an technical solution that solved all identified issues and potential problems, as well as it had the flexibility to handle future issues that might arise.
The equipment acquisition and installation where performed by Option in only three months and completed in June 2013.
Option AS based the delivery on:
- A core infrastructure of servers, networks and IT equipment and services for long life and operations expectancy
- Remote workstation setup with our proprietary system DESKVIEW™ infrastructure and our own Rack Workstations
- Offshore Operations Room with DESKVIEW™, Videoconference and interfaced network and workstations
- Interfacing and interconnecting network and services between 3rd pary, service -companies and Operator
- All expected office IT equipment and services
- Full information synchronization between onshore and offshore based on our SYNCSHARE™ system
The project phase lasted from February 2013 and where transferred from project phase to operation phase in September 2013.
Option provided project management and program participant together with 3rd party, service -companies and Lundin within the estimated cost and time frames.
The result of Option technical solution, project, installation and commissioning phase, our operational management of this delivery has been a success. With an SLA guarantee of 99,7% each month, we have provided an exceptional operational uptime with closer to 100% availability.