Managing offshore IT business from start to finish
To support and carry out Lundins activity on NCS and Edvard Grieg, Rowan Viking was in 2014 acquired from Rowan Companies, and upgraded in Vlissingen Netherland. During this period Options where tasked to plan, project and commission IT ifrastructure and services to support Lundins offshore operations.
Together with partners, servcies / 3rd party -companies and of cource Lundin, we designed a technical solution based on our own Rig IT concept design and experience. The project was managed from norway, but all installation and setup was performed in Vlissingen, Netherlands togehter with Rig owner and contractors on yard.
The Scope of Work´s (SoW) key features/requirements:
- Video conference systems
- Offshore operation and collaboration room
- Service and 3rd party company interfacing
- Office IT equipment (PC´s, Printers, montiors etc.)
- Server infrastructure and services
- Dataroom services and design
- Telemedicine solutions on hospital
- Network infrastructure
As Option together with our customers and contractors had experience with design and delivery of infrastructure and services on board drilling vessels, we joined the project and assisted our customers with design and delivery of infrastructure and services.
Option based the delivery on:
- A core infrastructure of servers, networks and IT equipment and services for long life and operations expectancy
- Remote workstation setup with our proprietary system DESKVIEW™ infrastructure and our own Rack Workstations
- Offshore Operations Room with DESKVIEW™, Videoconference and interfaced network and workstations
- Interfacing and interconnecting network and services between 3rd pary, service -companies and Det norske
- All expected office IT equipment and services
- Wireless network access for users in office landscape
- Full information synchronization between onshore and offshore based on our SYNCSHARE™ system
- Dataroom design and project management for service / 3rd party -companies
- IT project management and advisory for Det norske and other contractors
- MEDICALL™ Telemedicine solution for the vessels hospital
On DAT the drillign vessel left the yard in Vlissingen headed for location on NCS. Option had completed all major installations and structural changes that was required, and completed the commissioning during the last transport to location.
The project was delivered withing the timeframe and cost given and estimated. The project was handed over to Option AS – Service and Operations team to manage and operate all equipment and services on behalf of Lundin.
Option AS guarantee 99,7% uptime for services in our RigIT concept. The actual uptime for this vessel is much closer to 100%