Handling IT business from newbuild to commissioning
Det norske oljeselskap ASA awarded in December 2011 Maersk Drilling a LoA for a Jack-up rig for Ivar Aasen development project. This rig is a CJ-70 ultra harsh environment jack-up rig, XL Enhanced 2, constructed in Singapore.
Option where asked to join this project already in 2012 to handle IT related business in regards to Det norskes operations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). As Det norske is a active operator on NCS with extensive experience in drilling operations, and Option´s experience in IT operations, the initial technical plans and requirements quickly set a scope of work.
The Maersk interceptor design (CJ-70) is one of the largest jack-up drilling rig´s in the world, and designing IT infrastructure and services where one of the main tasks that Option handled for Det norske.
The Scope of Work´s (SoW) key features/requirements:
- Video conference systems
- Offshore operation and collaboration room
- Service and 3rd party company interfacing
- Office IT equipment (PC´s, Printers, montiors etc.)
- Server infrastructure and services
- Dataroom services and design
- Network infrastructure
Project and planning in Singapore
Due to the fact that this vessel was built in Singapore, required Option to be on location together with Det norske, Maersk and other companies. This to make sure that project progress was to be as scheduled. As the SoW was wide and the requirements and design should be based on long lifetime on both equipment and services. option provided a complete package for services and equipment as well as design changes to the planned offcies and living quarters area on the rig.
Option based the delivery on:
- A core infrastructure of servers, networks and IT equipment and services for long life and operations expectancy
- Remote workstation setup with our proprietary system DESKVIEW™ infrastructure and our own Rack Workstations
- Due to space issue, we provided an silent rack solution for DESKVIEW™, located in open landscape area
- Offshore Operations Room with DESKVIEW™, Videoconference and interfaced network and workstations
- Interfacing and interconnecting network and services between 3rd pary, service -companies and Det norske
- All expected office IT equipment and services
- Wireless network access for users in office landscape
- Full information synchronization between onshore and offshore based on our SYNCSHARE™ system
- Dataroom design and project management for service / 3rd party -companies
- IT project management and advisory for Det norske and other contractors
- MEDICALL™ Telemedicine solution for the vessels hospital
The project phase in Singapore was based on planning and desciding the best wolution for Det norske, and this phase was finished in April 2014. The equipment installation and service commissioning was completed at Yeard outside Stavanger Norway in late 2014.
The project was delivered withing the timeframe and cost given and estimated. The project was handed over to Option AS – Service and Operations team to manage and operate all equipment and services on behalf of Det norske.
Option AS guarantee 99,7% uptime for services in our RigIT concept. The actual uptime for this vessel is much closer to 100%